At Advaith, the wellbeing of learners is of great importance. We provide direct nursing services to learners and staff members to maximize health and wellness in the school community. The school infirmary is equipped and well maintained with beds and basic materials to address the health needs of learners while in school. Trained and Certified nurses are available to manage and assess any health issues that may arise during school hours. The school nurse attends to administers first-aid and other emergency nursing measures to children who are injured or who become ill while at school and arranges for medical attention if the circumstances indicate. Parents will be informed immediately, with complete details. In the event of more serious medical emergencies, trained staff accompanies the child to the hospital for the required check-ups and treatment.
Parents are requested not to send sick children to school for attending classes or appearing for examinations. This is in the interest of the child and at times his/her classmates, as well. Medical Certificates must be submitted so that the child’s results are not affected. All parents are requested to impart Health Education to their children.
Annual health check-ups are conducted by the school. This is important so that they :
- Maintain personal hygiene such as trimming of nails and being neat on a regular basis.
- Exercise regularly.
- Sleep for at least eight hours daily.
- Have a balanced diet, nutritionally rich.
- Drink water which is either boiled or filtered. All students are advised to bring their own water bottles from home.
- Avoid consumption of ice-creams, other milk products and eatables from road-side vendors and kiosks.
All children should also be :
- Dewormed at least once every year, on the advice of the family physician.
- Have a dental and ophthalmic check-up once every year by a well qualified dental surgeon and ophthalmologist.
- Immunized as per the schedule given :
- Oral Polio to be completed before entry to the School
- Measles / MMT
- Tetanus – Booster dose to be given between 7 – 16 years of age and also to be given if injured.
- Typhoid every 2/3 years (with oral medicine / injections)
- Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Meningitis, Chicken Pox
Students suffering from diseases such as Chicken Pox, Cholera, Measles, Mumps, Whooping-cough, and Jaundice must observe the prescribed period of quarantine.
Students suffering from infectious diseases such as Conjunctivitis, Dermatitis, Scabies, etc. should not be sent to school until they have fully recovered.
Students suffering from chronic diseases like Asthma, Epilepsy, Heart Disease etc. are advised to be under continuous medical supervision of a doctor, who is a specialist in the concerned field. History of their ailments must be filled up in the Almanac, along with the treatment and the medicines prescribed by the concerned doctor.
Parents are also advised to keep the school infirmary informed (medical / health problem which may have developed during the academic year. The medical history of the student must be filled up by the parents in the space provided in the handbook.
Students learn better when they are healthy, safe, and happy. They spend more than six hours at school and are liable to suffer from injuries and illnesses. For overseeing this situation a school should provide health services for the well-being of their students.
Advaith keeps students’ health at the topmost priority. We are proactive and always ready in an emergency. We have a fully-equipped infirmary for students and staff with a bed and facilities for providing quick medical assistance in time. In case of more serious emergencies, a school vehicle is always ready to take a patient to the nearest hospital. Our school has a tie-up with the closest hospital for immediate treatment.
Advaith School in Hosur organizes a complete medical examination for students twice a year. It includes biometrics (height and weight), visual acuity tests, dental check-ups, and physical examination by the registered doctors. School maintains a complete health record of every student. Parents are updated regarding a student’s health periodically. We provide the best medical facilities for our students in the school.