Advaith International Academy, Hosur follows a method of education based on self-directed activity, hands-on learning and collaborative play. In Montessori classrooms, children make creative choices in their learning, while the classroom and the teacher offer age-appropriate activities to guiding through the process. Children work in groups and individually to discover and explore knowledge of the world and to develop their maximum potential.
- At Advaith, we provide a safe, engaging and nurturing environment for the child
- Promote trust in themselves and their world
- Develop confidence in their emerging abilities
- Develop gross motor coordination, fine motor skills, and language skills
- Offer opportunities to gain independence in daily tasks
- Foster the growth of functional independence, task persistence and self-regulation
- Promote social development through respectful, clear communication and safe, natural consequences
- Offer opportunities for imaginative exploration leading to confident, creative self-expression
- Contain a large variety of materials for the refinement of sensory perception and the development of literacy and mathematical understanding
Children’s needs change as they move through stages of development. At each level of Montessori education, this difference is honored through the preparation of the classroom environment. The environment is prepared in every way for optimal development: physically, cognitively, socially and emotionally. By aligning the activities in the environment with what each child needs at any moment, Montessori prepared environments liberate children’s energy for growth and learning at Advaith School in Hosur.
Montessori classrooms are interactive environments in which hands-on exploration is mentored and encouraged. By using the mind, the body, and the senses, learning becomes an activity that engages the whole self. Any parent will agree that children do learn through kinesthetic method. Montessori environments follow this natural inclination of children towards activity by offering an appropriate variety of objects and activities for meaningful engagement.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE
Maria Montessori recognized that when allowed freedom of choice within clear, firm and reasonable boundaries, children act in positive ways that further their development. Freedom is frequently misunderstood, and many people take it to mean that children can do whatever they want. Montessori believed that freedom without boundaries was abandonment. In Montessori classrooms, expectations are clear, and children experience the natural and logical consequences of their choices. This freedom within limits allows for the natural development of self-regulation within the society of the classroom, as well as mirroring behaviors expected by society in general.
From the moment of birth onwards, humans strive towards independence. Children feel this need very strongly; they want to do things for themselves, and to participate in the world around them. In Montessori classrooms, this natural drive towards independence is fostered through practical, social and intellectual experiences. The child becomes an active agent in her own education, saying, “Help me to do it myself”. We honor this by helping children move to increasingly higher levels of independence and self-reliance.
- Each child is valued as a unique individual.
- Beginning at an early age, Montessori students develop order, coordination, concentration, and independence.
- Students are part of a close, caring community.
- Montessori students enjoy freedom within limits.
- Students are supported in becoming active seekers of knowledge.
Advaith follows a pedagogy that gives children the freedom to explore and develop to their fullest potential while working with didactic materials, in groups and independently, within a prepared environment. The concept of respect – for self, others and the environment – are our guiding principal for Advaith Montessori in Hosur. Every room is prepared to meet the holistic developmental needs of students in the campus.
Furniture and materials are designed for the child’s appropriate physical and psychological needs. A prepared environment includes a full range of Montessori materials, a trained Montessori lead teacher (guide), and an assistant teacher. Our Montessori curriculum is designed to specifically to assist child’s growth in the areas of practical life, sensorial, mathematics, language arts, music, art, science, history and geography. While working with materials, each child learns to concentrate, develop self-confidence, respect themselves and others, understand order, and establish a love of learning.
Advaith believes that each individual child, and not the Montessori guide, is at the center of his or her own learning process. The guide’s role in the classroom is to observe all the children in the classroom. These observations, objectively done with careful notetaking, allow the guide to know and defend each child as he or she goes through the different stages of development.
Montessori teachers at Advaith facilitate each child to make choices for purposeful and meaningful work, helping the children reach their fullest potential by leading them to work that meets their developmental needs and current interests. This often happens through spontaneous individual and group lessons. Four-hour periods of uninterrupted work fused with activities to prominently cater:
- Visual intelligence
- Musical intelligence
- Linguistic intelligence
- Naturalist intelligence
- Emotional intelligence
- Inter-personal intelligence
- Audio-visual development
- Bodily-kinesthetic intelligence
- Logical-mathematical intelligence
Montessori philosophy says that every human being possesses the following needs and tendencies:
- The need for social relationships
- The need to organize and classify
- The need for independence and activity
- The need to communicate and use language
- the drive for purposeful and constructive work
Advantages of Montessori at Advaith International Academy
- Learning Is Child-Centered
- Encourages Cooperative Play
- Learning Method Inspires Creativity
- Children Naturally Learn Self-Discipline
- Classroom Environment Teaches Order
- Focuses on Key Developmental Stages
- Curriculum Focused on Hands-On Learning
- Teachers Facilitate the Learning Experience
- System is Highly Individualized to Each Student
- May be More Effective in Developing Certain Skills
The trained guide, prepared environment, Montessori materials, and children together create an intellectual Montessori community. The result is a child growing in a strong self-image, a sense of self-esteem, and a feeling of belonging. Finding his or her needs met in this way, the child cultivates the traits of respect, learning and exploration that will last a lifetime.
We have successfully completed 9 years of Montessori and 1000s of children have passed through our hands. Our students are pro-active and emerging great during school years who are active academicians, sports students and great at performing arts. There are about 450 Montessori students in 2020 – 2021 in a large campus with several facilities to cater. Please welcome and take a tour to Advaith school in Hosur and we guarantee progress, happiness and life at Advaith!